Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Support Role
About the role:
We are looking to hire someone to help us primarily with customer service support and to moderate our Facebook group, Freezer Meals and Recipes. This is a remote contract position starting at 20 hours per month, with potential for increased hours.
Customer Service Activities: Interact with customers to provide basic or scripted information in response to routine inquiries about products and shipping updates. May handle and resolve general complaints or questions. Most customers ask for shipping updates, tips on how to use or clean Souper Cubes trays, how to set up a return, and to let us know if a shipping carrier damaged a part of their order. We need someone to check our customer service platform once in the morning and once in the afternoon each week day. Listen to customer voicemails regarding orders and questions, and return of customer phone calls. Set up shipping returns for customers and processing refunds for customers who have completed returns. Additionally, provide a weekly report to company management on customer service requests, any trends or themes in these requests, any issues being experienced.
Social Media Support Activities: Freezer Meals and Recipes is a growing group on Facebook with over 8,500 members. We started and manage this group which has become a destination for folks looking to learn about or share about their freezer meal prep. We receive roughly 100 requests each day to join the group and there are several new posts per week within the group. We need someone to check the group once per day to approve new members and quickly scan the posts for any inappropriate content. Ideally, we’d love someone who is interested in engaging the members with polls, recipes, and useful content to help build and foster a vibrant online community.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of customer service helpdesk or ticketing platforms, such as Gorgias, for responding to customer inquiries. Knowledge of moderating groups on Facebook and other social media platforms.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively
- Service Orientation — Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Basic Food Preparation - Having familiarity and experience with freezer meal preparation (in particular), including various techniques, strategies, and tips.
This is a fully remote hourly position. Starting hours will be 20 hours per month with the possibility of increasing hours. Pay range is $20-$25 per hour, depending on prior work experience.
Having a computer or laptop with internet access is required. Must be able to respond to customer service tickets once in the morning and once in the afternoon during the weekday. You must also have access to a Facebook account.
To apply, please click the link below and fill out the application. Submitting a resume or cover letter is not required. Please set aside 25 minutes to complete the application. We will get back to you if we have any additional questions.
Souper Cubes® values and celebrates diversity of all kinds. All applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, status as a parent, national origin, age, disability (physical or mental), family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
Please be advised that the final candidate recommended for hire will be required to successfully complete a background investigation. Any convictions will be evaluated to determine if they directly relate to the responsibilities and requirements of the position. Having a conviction history will not automatically disqualify an applicant from being considered for employment.
About Souper Cubes®
Souper Cubes® is a husband and wife team based in California that is passionate about making freezer meal prep easy and convenient. We got started in 2018 and have grown to be in hundreds of retail stores selling a variety of patented freezing trays designed to freeze everything from soups to casseroles and even cookie dough.